Dedication Ceremony for the 154th New York's Monument

July 1, 1890

154th NY Monument at Gettysburg
(Click for larger image)

The 154th Monument was dedicated on July 1, 1890. A choir of women sang "America" followed by speeches from two speakers:

Address of Col. Daniel B. Allen - in command of the regiment at Gettysburg

Address of Hon. J. S. Whipple - the son of Henry F. Whipple who was captured at Gettysburg and died one year later in Andersonville prison.

When the adresses were completed, the women sang "Rock of Ages".

New York at Gettysburg: Final Report on the Battle of Gettysburg (Albany: JB Lyon CO, Printer, 1900. Page 1047 - 1052)

All digital photographs are Copyright 1995-2008 by Norm Lincourt unless otherwise indicated. Last Update - 3/03/08